The first and only shelter for girls and young women affected by forced marriage in Austria was opened in August 2013.
Our shelter offers girls and young women from all over Austria safe accommodation as well as intensive social care and support.
- Girls and young women between the ages of 16 and 24 from all over Austria,
who are threatened or already affected by forced marriage and in need of safe and anonymous accommodation.
What we offer:
- Accommodation for up to eight young women, plus two extra beds in case of emergency
- Unknown address
- Round-the-clock care and support
- Holistic counselling in the following languages: German, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian, Arabic, Farsi, English and French
- Support in contacting official channels, doctor visits, etc.
- Accommodation for only a few days and up to several months - depending on the individual situation
- Help to develop a support plan for the future, particularly on the question of how to continue after leaving the shelter
- Orient Express' counselling centre is responsible for accommodation in the shelter. Girls / women can contact us directly or through other organisations. During a personal interview it will be decided whether a place in the shelter is suitable/possible.
The address of the shelter ist secret and in order to protect the occupants it will neither be announced to third persons not to other institutions!
The shelter is financed by
Bundesministerium für Inneres
and additionally supported by
For donations to our shelter please use the following bank account:
Orient Express - Beratungs-, Bildungs- und
Kulturinitiative für Frauen
UniCredit Bank Austria AG | BLZ: 12000
Konto-Nr.: 10000 411 859
IBAN-Code: AT34 1200 0100 0041 1859
We thank the following sponsors:
|STARTSEITE | IMPRESSUM | Contact|